Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
"Bill" writes:
My house rewire is almost complete and I noticed the electrician hasn't
connected an earth to the metal back boxes for the sockets (all the lighting
boxes are earthed). He told me the 2 screws holding the sockets on, earth
the box, is this acceptable ?

Yes, unless the back box is exposed.

Secondly should he have installed a separate earth bonding connection block
? it looks like he has used the earth terminal in the consumer unit to
connect up all the bonding cables, this then connects to the incommer.

That's fine if it has the capacity for the 10mm˛ service bonding conductors.

--
Andrew Gabriel