Owain

urchaidh wrote:
I'm looking at reinstating a 15A spur to a socket in our kitchen for an
oven.
There's an existing cable with plenty slack terminated under the kithen
floor connected though to a 15A fuseway in the fusebox. ...
I'm pretty sure I'm going to rip it out and run a new cable just to be
sure, but before I go to all the trouble (and it will be a lot of
trouble) is there anyway to test the integrity of the existing cable?

Don't bother. Put in a new cable and use 10mm while you're at it. That
will be ample for anything anyone is likely to want to run off it in the
future. Leave spare length at each end. (The fusebox can be upgraded
later if needed, but putting in the bigger cable now will save the
disruption later.)

Owain