Nick Atty

On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 11:16:07 +0100, "TheScullster"
wrote:

Does anyone have links, details, pictures or drawings showing methods for
attaching joists to steel beams please?

I am hoping to take out a wall which simply supports overlapping ceiling
joists in a single storey extension.
But, I don't want to install a beam below the ceiling and would rather it
fitted within the depth of the joists (projecting above into the loft space
depending on the beam depth).

So, how do I connect joist ends to the support beam?

When they converted my house into a house, they bolted huge timbers
parallel to the beams, notched them, and put the joists in there.

I suspect you could do the same with smaller timbers and joist hangers.

We had all that exposed when reordering the rooms recently, and the BCO
was perfectly happy with it.
--
On-line canal route planner: http://www.canalplan.org.uk

(Waterways World site of the month, April 2001)