Andy Dingley

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 03:17:23 +0100, "Dave Baker"
wrote:

I had her spayed immediately as Google said female ferrets left in season
for too long can get very ill or even die

I believe they can literally explode from frustration. Some of this
explains the cross-over with Goths keeping them as pets...

When you had her spayed, did the vet remove the scent (sic) glands too ?
This is common practice in the USA where they're a "house pet", but
still rare in the UK where they're thought of as outdoor hunting
critters. My friend over the road is American and wasn't aware of this -
until her English ferrets were so obviously whiffier (to say the least!)
than she was used to in the USA.

I much prefer cats. But if I had to live with an indoor ferret, it would
be getting de-stinked.