The Wanderer

On 17 Jun 2005 00:47:24 -0700, wrote:

I have been in my 1930's semi for over a year and since moving in I
have noticed that on any lighting circuit in the house (on different
fuseways), the lights seem to momentarily either dim or flicker maybe
once or twice during the evening.

I have since installed a new radial lamp circuit in the living room (on
a spare fuseway in the fusebox) and this is affected in the same way.

Other electrical applicances (tv, stereo etc..) appear unaffected.

Since the ligthing circuits are all on separate circuits and fuseways I
can only deduce that it is the electrical supply coming into the house
and so there will be nothing I can do about it?

Thoughts please!

Do you live in a rural location? Do you know, does your electricity supply
come from a predominantly overhead distribution system? Do you know if any
neighbours have noticed the same sort of flickering?

It could be two or three possibilities. A loose connection on the
distribution system (usually overheads), a water or sewage pumping station
nearby, even a car-mad neighbour using a plug-in welder.

Report it to your local electricity company. It'll help if you can come up
with some time info over a couple of weeks.

--
the dot wanderer at tesco dot net