Paul

Default Painting over old plaster

Hi all,

I have just stripped wallpaper off the wall in a room in a house built
around 1960. We are left with the bare grey plaster. I am planning to
paint this with emulsion, which I've done before in other rooms but it
never comes out quite smooth enough. I've tried filling the obvious
cracks and sanding the walls lightly but still not perfect. Given I
have no confidence in my ability to plaster, even just skimming, is
there a paint available that's better at smoothing out slightly rough
surfaces (maybe to use as an undercoat under our chosen emulsion)

Thanks for any advice

Paul