IMM

Default Petrol in Diesel Engine

harrogate wrote:

"Doctor D." wrote in message

They will mix just fine, and it will have no adverse effects on
your car (it's a diesel, how much worse can it get anyway??).

I thought this too until I actually tried one. Take a Golf 130 TDi,

Megane
120 DCi or Focus 115 TDCi for a spin and eat your words!

I can never understand why the (so-called) motoring journalists of this
world - Clarkson and all that lot - always promote the idea that running

diesel is all about thrift and low fuel consumption.

Anyone who regularly drives a diesel will tell you this is far from the
case - it's all about laziness, not have to change gear to accelerate,

not
having to change gear to go around corners, being able to pull away

easily
on ice or snow when the petrolheads are spinning their wheels like
crazy................... and so it goes on. Diesel is all about torque

at
low revs and flexibility - provided you don't want to do it in

microseconds!

Having had diesel company cars for the last decade I find it difficult

to go
back to driving a petrol car again - I keep having to work pedals and

move
the gear lever. It's only because of our stupid taxation system that

puts
the cost of diesel so high over here that stops diesel cars selling

more -
you only have to go across the channel to see the truth of that!.

Ther are all sorts of diesels, and all sorts of petrol engines. Eiether
can be made torquey, revvy, narrow or wide power band.

Diesel is more effeiceint at part throttle

A diesel does not have a throttle, it is full air all the time.

---