Rick Hughes

Default Coving - plaster/poly/resin - pros and cons

"SteveRoche" wrote in message
om...
I'm looking at coving a few rooms, found three types (resin, plaster,
poly), just wondering what peoples experiences are of these ? Resin
looks OK to me, but never used it. Plaster is heavy and awkward - how
does the price compare ? Does it warp in sunlight ?

I have used a load of Artex sculptured coving ....... interesting enough to
look better than standard concave coving ..... it's a standard gypsum
plaster in paper skin, and fits easy enough.

I also used some of the Artex plaster coving ........... this is a REAL
BITCH .......... so far 9 packs of it have turned up and have been broken
when opened ... awaiting 3rd delivery currently.

It is also a pain to fix ... VERY brittle, you have to be very careful once
you have put adhesive on the back, and carry it on edge - or it will snap.

It sticks to wall well, but you also have top screw it and it is very slow
to have to drill, countersink and screw fix each length as you go.

However it does look superb, IK used 'KISS' form the Artex designer range.

Rick