Brian Sharrock

"nemo" wrote in message

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Doctor Evil wrote:
You haven't stated the model number, and it appears it is a combi.
Combi's are rated on the hot water flowrate. There is a high flowrate
model of Greenstar, you obviously didn't get that one. They should
have
given you all the 40kW model.

Nevertheless, it will be cheap to run.

Yup. So slow to fill a bath you'll just go dirty.

Still better than when I was a kid in Sandwich Street Kings Cross. We had
tin bath hanging in the back yard which came indoors about once a month.
My
parents then put the kettle and all the saucepans we had on the kitchen
range, stoked it up, and we all took turns in the same water!!
Fortunately,
I always got first go!

How standards change. If anyone had said in those days that in 40 odd
years
time advertisers would have managed to con and shame men into wearing
perfume by calling it after shave and deodorant, they'd have been laughed
out of court!

You'll be telling us next; that you remember when only sailors had tattoos
and only girls wore earrings!

--

Brian