Roger Hull

On Sat, 9 Jul 2005 9:35:06 -0700, Doug White wrote
(in message ):

The trick is how to run the wires in a clean fashion.
MAJOR SNIPS

I'm planning on running Romex, and the wire will be pretty well
protected below the baseboard. I'm not sure if code would require
running the wire in any sort of conduit for further protection. Does
anyone know the rules for something like this?

Also, does anyone know if there is a table for running Romex in conduit?

Doug White

Many juristictions adopt the National Electrical Code in total, but some
modify and/or add to it. You should talk to your local
electricians/authorities for the final say on what is legal in your area.

Running Romex in conduit is almost never done and the NEC does not directly
address this issue,IIRC.

IMHO, running Romex behind the metal baseboard would not require any
additional protection (other than grommets, as you mentioned).

Another option you might consider is "Surface Raceway".

Hope this helps.

Roger in Vegas