Randy Zimmerman

I prefer the Walter brand but they are expensive.
In case you don't know the plastic on the edge can be machined off to
expose the edge of the flaps when they get worn. You simply hold the
spinning disc against the sharp edge of a metal work bench and peel away
some of the plastic backing. This was demonstrated to me by a Walter rep.
Randy

"Mike Fields" wrote in message
Greetings all -- I have a couple of the 4-1/2 inch grinders (which
I love) and was wondering from a cost point of view which people
preferred - the sanding disc or the flapper discs for cleaning up the
metal/welds and all the other usual stuff you do with those grinders
( and which works better in general ). I was sort of leaning in the
direction of the flapper discs, but was interested in what others
had to say.

Second part of this is where in the US is a good place to
get the discs and which brand seems to give the best "grind for the
buck" as it were ? What have people been happy with? (I hate
those that you spin up and 1/2 the abrasive flys off before you
even start work ;-) )

I was thinking of ordering a bunch and figured this bunch would
have the most experience.

Thanks for the feedback