Rod Speed

FDR wrote
Rod Speed wrote
FDR wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Doug Kanter wrote
HeyBub wrote
PaPaPeng wrote

The US was free from problems with Muslims since its founding until
9-11.

And where do you think the refrain "...to the shores of Tripoli..." comes
from? We were at war with Muslims withing the first 25 years of our
existence.

" Tripolitania was one of the outposts for the Barbary pirates who raided
Mediterranean merchant ships or required them to pay tribute. In 1801, the
pasha of Tripoli raised the price of
tribute, which led to the Tripolitan war with the United States.
When the peace treaty was signed on June 4, 1805, U.S. ships no longer had
to pay tribute to Tripoli. "

Is that the war you're referring to? It was a war over money, called
"tribute" in this example. It had nothing to do with Islamic anything,

They were however muslims, so Peng's claim is just plain pig ignorant.

any more than a mafia don's catholic upbringing has to do
with his insistence that some profits get kicked upstairs.

Peng just said 'problem with Muslims'

I could just see Bin Laden and his buddies sitting there and stewing over
Tripoli. Yeah right.

Irrelevant to Peng's stupid pig ignorant claim.

Yet relevant to HeyBub's claim.

Nope.

And I've never given a damn about his claim,
I dumped on Peng myself in another post.

There were much more recent 'problems with
Muslims' well before 9/11 than those pirates.