Doug Kanter

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
m...
In article , "Doug Kanter"
wrote:
"Buck Turgidson" wrote in message

Kanter's right - we shouldn't touch the safety issue. That's a whole
'nother can of worms....

Not to send this discussion off into yet another direction, but if they
were
safer, then agencies like the NY State Police would be driving nothing but
SUVs.

You don't suppose there might be other considerations more important to a
police agency than crash safety? Rapid acceleration and stability at high
speeds spring to mind...

Hmmm....stability at high speeds. I think you just let all the air out of
the "SUVs are safer" theory. This is why we see so many of them in ditches,
waiting for tow trucks. That's where the higher seating level is handy - you
can see over the top of the ditch so you know when the tow truck's arrived.