w_tom

Volts500 provided a complete description of grounding a
house. I believe this in the newsgroup alt.home.repair
entitled "Grounding Rod Info" on 12 July 2003 also included
how to earth the TV antenna per code requirements at:
http://tinyurl.com/hkjq

Meanwhile, a larger number of ground rods tied together will
usually improve the building earthing system. The code
provides a rather subjective number that may require a second
ground rod. Many electricians don't even bother to measure.
Since the second earthing rod will improve conductivity, they
just install the second rod automatically.

larry moe 'n curly wrote:
I'm going to install an outdoor TV antenna, but am confused about how
to ground it. Its mast will be 12' above the ground and about 25' over
from the house's breaker box ground rod.

Should I use stranded wire instead of solid?

Should I install a ground rod into the dirt directly below the mast, or
can I simply run a #4 ground wire from the mast to the breaker box
ground rod?

Is there ever any harm in installing a second ground rod, provided it's
bonded to the main one?