Capitol

Default Aquarium?

Marcus Fox wrote in message ...

Correct me if I'm wrong, lol, but if you put a 200kg person into a bath,
there wouldn't be any room for the water and I doubt they'd be able to

get
out again.

Marcus

Doh, didn't read you said people, not person.

Yes, I'd worked out that the water overflowed also if the weight of the
people was inside the bath! However, as I said, a lot depends on the
position and the run of the floor joists. ie, a span of 3.46M using a couple
of 8x2" joists with 450mm spacing would appear to be capable of supporting
432.5Kg as a distributed load. If you can get this up to 4 joists, then this
becomes 865Kg. When you get next to the joist supporting wall, about only
half of the load is transferred to the joists so 600Kg looks pretty
feasible. If you have the joists running the other way, but can get across 3
joists( add a bearer) and spread the load then 600Kg is achievable. If your
floor joists are SS grade timber( not likely!) then you can get about a 25%
increase on these figures. Remember that these are "dead load" figures, the
permissible live loading figures are about x3 on top of these numbers.

Regards
Capitol