Chipmunk

On 15 Jun 2005 10:12:12 -0700, wrote:

Thanks for the reponse. I'm not experienced enought to carry out those
tests; I shall leave it to the fitter and/or his electrician and
failing that my electrician.

The manufacturer even installed a brand new shower and it did the same.

I found out something interesting about the isolation unit:

When the isolating switch is on, nothing trips, but the LED does not
come on properly as before. Its all dim and flickery

Worrying....

Likely this is not the cause, but the symptoms are so close I must
relate the following experience from 10 yrs ago.

Symptom: Shed is on an RCD, which usually stays on, but when a heavy
load is applied, after a few seconds the RCD would go out. Repeatedly.

The cause, after many hours of headscratching. A loose neutral had
burned up in one of the connections inline, and was going to ~80 volts
when the heavy load came on. That was enough to flash over to the
earth next to it, tripping the RCD, the symptoms gradually became
worse. As I said, it's highly unlikely that's what's happening, but
the 'dim flickering' of the neon indicator in the switch points to
something loose..

Such things can cause WEIRD symptoms and lead you on wonderful wild
goose chases.

Hope you nail the problem before you pull too much hair out.

--
"The perfect computer has been developed. You just feed in
your problems and they never come out again."