Lobster

BeeJay wrote:
On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 17:18:14 +0000 (UTC), "Lee Hanken"
wrote:

Double glazing companies want you to make a decision on the spot.

So do carpet salesmen! I nipped in to a carpet shed yesterday on the
strength of an advert for sale ending yesterday (as I need to buy a
carpet very shortly anyway), only to find that the special offer didn't
apply to the carpet I was interested in. As I turned to walk out, I got
the 'hang on let's see what we can do' treatment, which resulted in a
the offer of a quite healthy discount '... but only if you buy it today
because the sale ends tonight' 'But this carpet isn't in the sale'
'Errrrrrr yes but no but yes but no.......'

(I didn't buy it, by the way!)

David