Felice Luftschein and Nicholas Carter

On 8 Jul 2005 21:40:11 -0400, (DoN. Nichols)
wrote:

Now -- remember that this machine, while it *looks* like a Taig,
never had the "Taig" nameplate on it (though I have gotten a second of
the Taig 4-jaw chucks, after modifying the original to use on my
Compact-5/CNC, and it looks identical to what I have.)

It may be that the official collets which Taig now offers are
better than what I have.

Nope those are the Taig collets, they are a compromise between price
and precision. (Taig is now making an ER-16 spindle for the mills, but
it won't accept 3/4"-16 tooling....)

The WW spindle option is still offered. If the drawbar doesn't work
for a particular collet then one can just make a replacement (given
how well tooled everyone in this discussion is...)