Don Phillipson

Default Stale smell coming from Fridge

"RZ" wrote in message
Hi...
I have a GE Profile Model 18 Refridgerator (with a bottom freezer and no
water-line hooked up) that we've had for 2 years....since last month it

has
been emitting a really "fruity" stale odor from the compressor area,

which
is really noticeable when the cooling fan comes on, because it blows and
forces this odor out into the kitchen area. My wife is incredibly neat and
clean, wipes any spills, etc. and there is no stains, or spills that may
have leaked out to the compressor area. Matter of fact, I have lokked in

the
compressor area, and it is like brand new, no liquid or water or anything.
(no dead mice either)
so....where is this stink coming from? anyone else having this problem?

Some fridges have a pan underneath, to collect
water that condenses and drips, which should
be regularly emptied and cleaned. Does yours?

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs