Ian Stirling

Tim Mitchell wrote:
Well it's kind of DIY

I am trying to make a simple message display system which has a number
of video monitors run from the TV-out of a PC.

I was convinced someone must supply some simple software to run on the
PC to actually output the messages, but though I have googled long and
hard, I can't find anything.

Powerpoint would possibly be OK, but I was looking for something simpler
- really just a few pages of straight text display. With a bit of time I
could write something in visual basic, but it seems a shame to reinvent
something which already exists. Anyone know of anything to do this?

Have you considered html?
I would just set up a browser, in fullscreen mode (I'd do it in linux, but
there should be a way in windows) set to start on a default page.
Then just edit the page.