Dave Plowman

Default Query: Legality of Electrical work

In article ,
Jerry. wrote:
You would if you were forced to watch it, someone moving into a bodged
house or travelling in a bodged car [1] (for example) has to live with
the consequences of those bodges if it all goes pear shaped

Well, given the standard of the average garage - main dealers included -
and the prices they charge for bodging or not doing work charged for, and
that's only in my limited experience, the day they make it illegal to work
on your own car I think I'll emigrate. Of course, it would just prove my
point.
But if a trade is given a virtual monopoly through their own regulatory
body, then that body in turn should be *tightly* regulated. Fat chance.
From the medical profession through law to 'ordinary' trades they all look
after those who pay their wages first.

- and very
few TV programmes could kill you just by watching them IYSWIM.

You've not seen Family Affairs, then?

--
*(on a baby-size shirt) "Party -- my crib -- two a.m

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn