william_b_noble

be gentle with that lathe - I used to have one, and it is fine if you don't
over stress it - I didn't know what I was doing at the time (not that I do
now), but I once took a cut (bad technique) and had the tool dig in - the
headstock just moved about 2 inches and the tool tip went under the work
(and messed up what I was trying to do) - on a "better" machine it would
have broken the tool or stalled the machine - and of course a better
machinist would not have made that mistake in the first place.

"Rex B" wrote in message
What a great way to pass good tools on.
Sorry for your FILs failing health, but it no doubt pleases him to know
his prized tools are going to someone who will use and appreciate them, as
he did.

- -
Rex Burkheimer
Fort Worth TX