"Not a ****ing clue, as always. They came LONG after the Mujahidin
had seen the russians off with their tails between their legs.
http://www.hrw.org/backgrounder/asia/afghan-bck1023.htm

Their principal suppliers and trainers were the U.S. and Saudi Arabia.

"Not a ****ing clue, as always. Their principal suppliers and
trainers were PAKISTAN, you stupid pig ignorant clown.
http://www.hrw.org/backgrounder/asia/afghan-bck1023.htm
Phase Three.

Do some research on the history of bin Laden and Mullah Omar

Irrelevant to your pig ignorant drivel about the Taliban. "

Exactly. And had the US tried to install a pro-democracy govt in
Afghanistan after the Russians retreated, the same people bitching
about everything we are doing today, would have been bitching about
that too. They would have said the US has no business medling there,
we should just leave the people of Afghanistan alone. Well, that's
what we did and look what happened. The Taliban and Bin Laden turned
it into a terrorist training clamp, where 50,000 were trained, most of
those during Clinton's adminstration while the US just watched. It's
nice being Monday morning quarterbacks who can bitch about everything,
without ever having to make a decision in the real world, never knowing
what the outcome will be. They particularly like to start with the
premise that the US is always out to do bad things in the world and is
responsible in some way for just about everything that goes wrong.