Pop

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in
message
Pop wrote:
"Joseph Meehan" wrote
in

Whole house protection is a standard option these
days
for the Mains boxes and is readily avaliable.
However,
that does not negate the need for surge protection
on
sensitive equipment like computers: It's a
different
level of protection and also surges are created
within
the house environ also.
NOTHING will protect against all lightning
strikes,
especially if they are close by.

HTH

Not only do I agree with that, I practice it as
well.

=== I try to, but I think I just lost a printer due to
a lightning surge yesterday. It popped the UPS on so I
know it was a good hit, and the UPS shows it as a surge
132Vac; and the printer quit working. Turns out I

plugged the printer directly into the wall instead of
one of the surge outlets. Dumb! ;=(.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit