"But, it's just plain stupid that soccer mommies are driving around in
SUVs which, by design, get
hideous gas mileage. You know full well that the vast majority of
people who
own them will never EVER need the mechanical advantages of those power
trains. NEVER. No towing, no off-road, nothing. "

The concept of letting people decide what they want to do with their
lives went right over Doug's pointed little head. You moan on about
how no one needs the features. Who are you to decide what others need
or want? I go snowboarding at Killington, VT frequently. I go with a
buddy and we always take his SUV because it has room for our gear and 4
wheel drive is very desirable in that environment. And it gets about
21MPG. That's right, 21MPG. But apparently that isn't good enough, is
it? Or as I asked before, maybe I just shouldn't go snowboarding at
all, because that isn't important to YOU. Should we close Disneyland,
because it isn't necessary either and just encourages energy waster by
people flying there from all over the country?

And the reality is that half the energy problem is liberal whackos like
Doug. They're the reason a new refinery hasn't been built in the US in
the last 30 years. And refinery capacity has a lot to do with the
price increase of gas. They also won't let anyone drill in ANWR,
though they pretend to be soooo worried about the security of the US.
If they were, then not only would we be drilling for oil and building
refineries, we'd be building nuclear plants too.

But anytime you want to do any of that, the whackos that know what
everyone else should be riding in, run out and bitch. If we listened
to them, we'd all be back in caves by now.