Doug Kanter

"SoCalMike" wrote in message
Doug Kanter wrote:

I said nothing about reducing engine size. I'm talking about the 100-200
lbs of extra parts that a 4WD vehicle needs to turn, even when 4WD is not
engaged. Take a Ford Explorer, for instance. ***BASICALLY*** the same V-8
as a Crown Victoria. The sedan gets (in real world terms) about 25%
better gas mileage.

fleets like that generally want to stick with one type of vehicle, so they
can keep a smaller supply of parts like tires, filters, etc. plus, car
tires are cheaper than SUV tires.

True, but with the political clout they have, I don't think the NYS police
would put up with bad vehicles for very long, considering that they have to
drive the things in some of the most disgusting weather you've ever seen.