SteveB

wrote in message
On Fri, 8 Jul 2005 11:24:52 -0700, "SteveB"
wrote:

"SteveB" wrote

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOEY!

Sorry, that was not an exclamation that I thought your post was hooey,
just
that I get all drawn up inside thinking of jumping into 68 degree
water............ if you get my drift.

When ours is lower than 83, we think it chilly. Guess temperatures over
100
for months at a time will do that to a person.

Steve

You have to understand folks from the great white north would never
get in the water if it has to be warm.
We always stand around in amazement when the snowbirds get in the
water in the winter around here. They say it's like the lake in the
summer back up in Frostbite Falls.

We had the solar installed in March a couple of years ago. We had it
replastered right after that. We filled up the pool Tuesday, and Thursday
we had guests from Alaska. They were jumping in there and splashing, and
saying how warm it was. It was probably all of 70.

This pool is on our rental house. This year, we had some guests from Maine
in March. We have the pool cover on then, trying to warm it up whatever we
can. A couple of warm sunny days, and the temp can go up ten degrees a day.
Again, they were frolicking in cold water like it was nothing.

Guess it is what you are used to. I used to be a commercial diver, and have
dove in water in the 33-40 degree range in dry suits. I once got
hyperthermia in a wet suit. We had to be careful not to touch anything
steel with the suit topside because it would stick just as fast as a tongue
to a flagpole. But, it was warm and dry inside those suits. Still, the
hands and face got wet, and we could tell that it was really cold in the
water. But, then, there were many times diving in a wet suit that it was
plenty cold.

Steve