Doug Kanter

"Steve" wrote in message
"Doug Kanter" wrote:
The fact is that anything "geared like a truck" is inappropriate for
maybe
90% of the people who buy such vehicles. I'm not saying that a
carpenter,
mason or landscaper shouldn't have a pickup truck. But, it's just plain
stupid that soccer mommies are driving around in SUVs which, by design,
get
hideous gas mileage.

There are different kinds of SUVs, many (most?) of which are built on
a car chassis. And many are smaller than sedans such as the Accord or
Camry. And some are 4 cylinder. And some are hybrids. But other
than that, they're all trucks that get lousy gas mileage.

OK, but look around as you drive. Are the majority of SUVs things like
RAV-4s, or mid & full size hogs? Here (upstate NY), I mostly see hogs.

I suspect that might be more true in rural areas. Most of the ones I
see in cities tend to be small or midsize Toyota or Honda or Lexus.
Of course, the hogs are much easier to see, maybe that's why they make
more of an impression...

I live in Rochester NY. There are some pretty ritzy neighborhoods here,
loaded with hog trucks. But, in other cities, where parking is ridiculous, I
can see where there would be a preponderance of smaller toys.