Mike Fields

Default sanding discs vs flapper discs and which brand ??

Greetings all -- I have a couple of the 4-1/2 inch grinders (which
I love) and was wondering from a cost point of view which people
preferred - the sanding disc or the flapper discs for cleaning up the
metal/welds and all the other usual stuff you do with those grinders
( and which works better in general ). I was sort of leaning in the
direction of the flapper discs, but was interested in what others
had to say.

Second part of this is where in the US is a good place to
get the discs and which brand seems to give the best "grind for the
buck" as it were ? What have people been happy with? (I hate
those that you spin up and 1/2 the abrasive flys off before you
even start work ;-) )

I was thinking of ordering a bunch and figured this bunch would
have the most experience.

Thanks for the feedback