Rod Speed

Doug Kanter wrote
Ford Prefect wrote
Buck Turgidson wrote

Imagine the 300 billion (probably end up close to 600 billion) used for
alternative energy research instead of spending it on the war, Halliburton,
etc. Had we spent the money there, we wouldn't need these sultans, emirs,
ayatollahs, etc.

The problem is that much of the alternative energy options are easy for the
individual to use, but difficult for the mega corps to control distribution.
There is no money in it for them if you or I can produce our own power, heat
& fuel.

Maybe, but try as I might, I have not been able to design, build and
install any sort of thing on my roof that'll provide all my hot water
& heat, and maybe some of my electricity. (I'd settle for the first two). So,
I'm probably gonna have to buy something. It'll be expensive,

Yeah, like a lot more than the cost of the house.

and I'll probably only buy it once, or maybe twice if it wears out.

You'll have to do it more than twice if you live very long.

Hey....this sounds like the same purchasing cycle as the roof on a house. Why
can't corporations make money on this?

Basically because it would cost a hell of a lot more than
the roof currently does so they would get **** all in sales.

And you'd still have a problem with the cars.