Doug Kanter

wrote in message
oups.com...
"It's even worse than you think. I used to think the refusal to change
was a
matter of laziness, until I asked someone why he was considering a huge

pickup truck, even though he towed nothing and hauled nothing - no need
for
such a vehicle. His response was that this was America and he had a
god-given right to own anything he wanted. "

That sounds right to me. Who are you to decide what vehicle is right
for someone else? Once you start that process, then we should go take
a look at everything people own and do. Is that ski trip to Colorado
necessary? Or should one drive to a ski resort that's closer? How
about driving the family to the beach every weekend in the summer?
Maybe we should close places like Disneyland, since not only does it
use a lot of unnecessary energy, but people burn a lot of fuel flying
there.

I especially like the limousine liberals preaching this nonsense and
telling us what kind of vehicle we should drive. Clowns like Robert
Kennedy Jr or Barbara Streisand. But it's OK for them to use energy on
a private jet to go from one gigantic house, with options like heated
garages, to the next one. What a bunch of BS.

See? Your reaction matches his. Everyone's got the right to ask questions.
But, you interpret that to mean that someone's about to be controlled. Next,
it's the black helicopters coming over the horizon, right?

The fact is that anything "geared like a truck" is inappropriate for maybe
90% of the people who buy such vehicles. I'm not saying that a carpenter,
mason or landscaper shouldn't have a pickup truck. But, it's just plain
stupid that soccer mommies are driving around in SUVs which, by design, get
hideous gas mileage. You know full well that the vast majority of people who
own them will never EVER need the mechanical advantages of those power
trains. NEVER. No towing, no off-road, nothing.

This is why used ones are lined up by the hundreds at car dealerships.