Doug Kanter

"max" wrote in message

The problem is most of our petroleum imports go to motor fuel and,
Americans simply refuse (other than a tithe of weirdos "Liberals" and
other assorted Unamerican dweebs) to make any of the necessary
behavioral, purchasing or use pattern changes necessary to reduce our
fuel consumption.

It's even worse than you think. I used to think the refusal to change was a
matter of laziness, until I asked someone why he was considering a huge
pickup truck, even though he towed nothing and hauled nothing - no need for
such a vehicle. His response was that this was America and he had a
god-given right to own anything he wanted.

Oh boy.....