SteveB

"Bob G." wrote in message
On Thu, 07 Jul 2005 13:30:17 -0400, Paul Giroux
This always amazes me. The highest my water's ever been is 77
degrees, I swim when it's 68, the wife likes it at 77.

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOEY!

I live in Las Vegas. We have a solar heater to extend our swimming to about
eight months a year.

Ideal temp when we can get it stabilized: 83. Usual temp: 87.

Record water temp when the solar was left on full blast with the pool
blanket early in the season: 102

Seventy degree water would be nice, but when I cut off the solar completely,
it reaches up to 170 in the tubes. If I cut it off altogether, I'm afraid
it will just melt or crack, or die a terribly expensive death.

Steve