Doug Kanter

In a nearby neighborhood here, that meant the municipality had not installed
sewer pipes correctly. Lots of factors were involved, including the fact
that they ran the storm sewers into the same lines as the home systems. Big
rains or overly fast snow thaws resulted in lots of very smelly basements.
The town had to dig up a couple of miles of pipe and start from scratch. You
might want to start documenting these things, and yelling at the appropriate
people. An evaluation from a plumber might be a good idea, too.

"Bryan Martin" wrote in message
. com...
We have a new home of about 2 months (new septic etc.. also) and we were
caught in that tropical storm mess yesterday which dropped about 2 inches
of rain on our newly, still strawed yard. Yesterday and last night in the
master bathroom only we are getting a very bad (like raw sewage) smell
from the shower or toilet area. Their is no backup into either or any
sign of it but it smells really bad. When we woke this morning either we
had become immune or the smell is no longer that strong. Any idea what's
going on here.

--
My hourly rates:
$35 per hour.