Stormin Mormon

Warm air holds more moisture, so dumping ehat out the front is normal. After
all, the coils are designed to cool the air. Harder to cool warm air.

Sounds like it's low on freon, which will make it run at a lower temp. Very
few AC / refrig guys work on dehumidifiers. You may be able to find someone
who can juice it up. Some dehumidifiers come with a "freeze stat". Which
turns the power off if the coil freezes.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"DonC" wrote in message
I have a dehumidifier in my basement that has run faithfully for more than a
decade. This year it has been freezing up for the first time ever.

I removed the case and cleaned it thoroughly but it still freezes up.

I just noticed that the exhaust air is exiting the front of the unit. Since
the cooling coils are on the back side and the heat side coils are towards
the front, this seems backwards to me. Shouldn't it be blowing warm moist
air over the cooling coils?

It seems like the fan motor is running backwards. Am I wrong in thinking it
should be exhausting out the back? Is it possible for an AC fan motor to
suddenly begin running backwards?

HELP!

Thanks : )