William Brown

I've used both a brush and rollers, and an airless sprayer. I was able
to avoid overspray problems, and the sprayer gave better coverage with
less paint.

Since you are hiring this done, and apparently the painter has good
references and a lower price, I would go with the sprayer.

tmac wrote:

We've been getting bids to have the trim on our house repainted. Two
of the bids were, we assume, for traditional brush-and-roller
application of two coats (along with all the extras - pressure
washing, etc.).

A third came in a lot lower, because the guy thinks he can do it in
one coat. He uses a sprayer instead of rollering it on.

Will a sprayer give us good enough one-coat coverage that we could
feel comfortable going with this bid? This painter was recommended to
us by someone who observed that the houses he painted in a certain
neighborhood stayed looking good much longer.

If it matters, we're going from a pale yellow color to an almond.

Thanks,

tmac