Gunner

On 8 Jul 2005 15:18:12 -0700, jim rozen
wrote:

In article , Ignoramus15786 says...

I also do not see what's the big deal about these catalogs, other than
the prestige factor. I can find anything that I need by asking here
and browsing their online catalog.

Some folks are "online" and some folks are "hardcopy only."

Often you can tell the latter because there's a lot of muffled
cursing inside their offices and the sound of computer keyboards
being slammed into the walls.

Basically folks like us like to have pages to drool over. Strange
I know but there it is. The real deal is that most of the GUIs
for those online catalogs just plain suck.

Jim

And while I do have wifi networking in my home..balancing a cat and a
laptop on my knees while sitting on the terlet tends to lessen the
enjoyment of the browsing..and the pooping

Gunner

"Considering the events of recent years,
the world has a long way to go to regain
its credibility and reputation with the US."
unknown