Michael Kennedy

Well the unusual thing is the fact it doesn't work on my working ipod. It is
very likely there is some sort of ir device there. I just cant figure out
why it would have infra red devices on the board to start with. It uses
standard switches not infra red for the push buttons.

Anyway I don't know what or why its messed up but I'm taking the original
switch and wiring it to an IR diode over the spot where it causes it to
work.

- Mike
"JANA" wrote in message
This is because you are not able to recognize the IR components visually.
Obviously they are there, or it would not respond to the light!!!

--

JANA
_____

"Michael Kennedy" wrote in message
You were right about the IR. I used a remote control to do the same thing
as
the light. So if I cant work anything else out I'll mount a IR diode
inside
wired in to the swithch. I don't understand why this works though. I don't
see ant type of IR devices on the board.

"Jerry G." wrote in message
ups.com...
Some of the newer products are using IR interuption for the switching.
They use an IR emitter, and receiver on the circuit board.

This is all surface mount technology. You will have to have access to
the proper parts, service information, and the proper tools to do this
type of service work.

Maybe the local rep for the manufacture can have it serviced for you at
a reasonable price. Or, the person who you bought it from, found that
it was not feasible to have it serviced.

Jerry G.
======