TimPerry

Ironic that TimPerry would say DC triangle waves are not
confusing

since that is not what he said on 11 Jun 2005 in the
newsgroup sci.electronics.basics entitled "DC Wave
Questions":
There are a number of waveforms that go in only one
direction relative to ground such as sawtooth waves, square
waves, and triangle waves. To refer to these as say a "DC
triangle wave" would be equally confusing without further
qualification.

an equally long and ultimately fruitless discussion initiated by a student
who used the term DC sinewave.

please note the wording. neither statemet advocates the use of the phrase
"DC wave" "or DC triangle wave"

"nothing confusing about it to me. if a waveform lies above reference ground
it becomes fluctuating DC regardless of its shape, frequency, pulse
repetition rate. id just call it a triangle wave or sawtooth or whatever.
the DC part is usully understood."

Tom, my objection was to your repeated declaration that "the term DC pulse
is an oxymoron". however my statement comes off in a way I did not intend.
Please accept my apology. I agree with you that the term DC triangle wave is
confusing.

Meanwhile, concrete is not an insulator as TimPerry would
have us believe. Concrete is a conductor.

yee haw we wont need to bother with expensive copper anymore. Just pour us
some concrete power lines.

Concrete is why
Ufer grounds are a most effective method of protecting
transistors ...

i should wrap all my transistors in concrete?

or protecting munitions (the original purpose
of Ufer grounds).

and the steel rebar has nothing to do with it?