HK

Default Any battery experts out there?

I have an old favourite Makita 6v cordless drill/driver that is no longer
taking a charge. The batteries are of the semi-permanent NiCd variety. I
can't find a replacement for them so I was thinking of making my own battery
pack out of AA rechargeable batteries. Easy enough to solder together 4
AAs.

The question is, can I use NiMH batteries instead of the original NiCd? If
I do, will the original AC charger work to charge up the NiMHs? I'm not
sure how the two battery types differ in terms of charging needs.

TIA.

HK