Tony Hwang

SQLit wrote:
"tmac" wrote in message

We've been getting bids to have the trim on our house repainted. Two
of the bids were, we assume, for traditional brush-and-roller
application of two coats (along with all the extras - pressure
washing, etc.).

A third came in a lot lower, because the guy thinks he can do it in
one coat. He uses a sprayer instead of rollering it on.

Will a sprayer give us good enough one-coat coverage that we could
feel comfortable going with this bid? This painter was recommended to
us by someone who observed that the houses he painted in a certain
neighborhood stayed looking good much longer.

If it matters, we're going from a pale yellow color to an almond.

Thanks,

tmac

Spray trim,,, ya right,
As another poster said you get what you pay for.

Hi,
Another thing. Ideal temp. for painting is not too cold, not too hot,
Around 15 deg. Celcius.
Tony