Pagan

"Pop" wrote in message
Hi all,

I wonder if anyone here has any experiences/knowledge
of the pros/cons of non-commission realty companies
such as www.americaschoice.com?

Daughter and family have a chance to move from NY to
Denver Co. and have a house to sell plus one to buy
when they get there.

I've googled for information, but all I get are
hype-pages and obviously biased pages; can't find
anything that seems to cover enough information to be
able to compare them to the "regular" bank mortgages
and realtor relationships.

Thanks for any experiences/opinions.

If I had all the time in the world, I'd do it myself. However, I do have
some experience with real estate.

I didn't do it myself when I sold my condo and bought my house a couple
years ago. It takes a lot of time, not only showing the house, but culling
the riffraff from legitimate offers. Seems all the nuts come out of hiding
when you do a FSBO (For Sale By Owner). They think they're getting a free
house, or one heck of a deal. They come up with wacky offers they can't
possibly honor, they give you lowball offers then argue violently when you
refuse, or they try to scam you out of something. Very few real estate
agents will show your property, because they aren't going to make any money,
and most won't trust you if you offer them a couple percent anyway. Your
property also won't appear on the local MLS boards, though you may get it on
the internet. SQLit is right on the money with his opinion.

I personally hate the idea of paying a real estate agent anything when all
they do is drive you around and maybe help in filling out forms. However,
should something go wrong, either with the transaction, the buyer, the
seller, or the physical properties, at least the agent, or his broker, will
be able to deal with it. I count it as insurance against all the BS that
get's thrown your way.

Pagan