Paul Giroux

On Thu, 07 Jul 2005 03:00:17 GMT, Steve B. wrote:

Sorry to respond without having any additonal info to offer. Was just
wondering when your pool season starts since it is almost over now.
Gulf temps was 89 degrees here today and seems more like bath water
than swimming water.

This always amazes me. The highest my water's ever been is 77
degrees, I swim when it's 68, the wife likes it at 77.

Most of the people here open their pools in early June, mine's opened
mid-April (water's at 50). The city outdoor pools are opened for the
last weekend in June and close mid-August. The weather this year is
exceptional though, we may swim until the end of August, but no later
than that I don't think. First swim was mid-May for me.

I close the pool down in October.

So maybe six weeks to go. Ugh. Goes by so fast.

All this effort and maintenance for about 3 months of swimming. Pool
maintenance for me then has become a hobby (my wife says it's more a
symptom), hence the automation idea. I just like to tinker.

I see my neighbour washing his car every second day and I'm thinking
"c'mon, you don't need it, get over your car, it's just a car" while
he's probably looking at me and saying "c'mon, you don't need to
vacuum it every second day and test it every day, it's just a pool".