RicodJour

Default Taping a painted wall?

DaveC wrote:
Adding a partition wall in a finished room. New wall meets finished wall, so
need to mud & tape the corner.

How do you do this? With latex paint on existing wall, mud won't stick well.

Where did you get that idea? It's done all the time and sticks just
fine. Taping compound will stick to glass.

Sanding latex isn't a clean solution, and anyway, using abrasives to get down
to the sheet rock paper risks going through it.

If it's a gloss paint (rather unlikely on a wall), and you feel you
must do something, scuff it up with sandpaper. You're not "sanding"
it, just scuffing it up to give it a little tooth.

Thanks,

Without a doubt you have the most obnoxious tag line I've seen. If you
_had_ googled you'd find answers to all of this stuff you've been
posting about. Saying you have googled when you haven't is just lazy
and an obvious lie.

Obviously this is the last question of yours I'll bother to reply to.

Ta-ta