Buck Turgidson

Don't use flourescent bulbs outdoors or places where you are turning
on
and off the light a lot. For example, I have regular incandescent
bulbs in my hallway lights and in one bedroom, and flourescent bulbs
elsewhere. I am saving up my bad compact flourescent bulbs to take
back to Home Depot to take advantage of the 7 year guarantee when I

get
enough of them to fill up an entire package (save the packaging and
reciept).

Are you sure HD will exchange them? They may refer you to the
manufacturer, after all, they're making the guarantee, not HD.