Roy Starrin

On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 08:57:03 -0400, joe wrote:
do you have a unified ground?
everything should be grounded at the same place. including the satellite
dish.

Several years ago I had my main panel upgraded to 200A, covered by
circuit breakers (original system was fuzes). Installer said the
above issue was the most important. After he drove in the rod and
connected the power system ground to it, he told me to get hold of the
phone company and the cable guys and insist that they relocate their
grounds to that ground.
Once done, previous problems I had had with lightning strikes taking
out TVs, etc., went away and I have not had that kind of a problem
since.
YMMV, I guess