larry moe 'n curly

w_tom wrote:

The telco has overhead wires everywhere in town connected to
a $multi-million switching computer. So the telco must be
down for about 1 week every year replacing their computer?
Not likely. Direct strikes are easily earthed without damage.

I'm going to install an outdoor TV antenna, but am confused about how
to ground it. Its mast will be 12' above the ground and about 25' over
from the house's breaker box ground rod.

Should I use stranded wire instead of solid?

Should I install a ground rod into the dirt directly below the mast, or
can I simply run a #4 ground wire from the mast to the breaker box
ground rod?

Is there ever any harm in installing a second ground rod, provided it's
bonded to the main one?