Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
wrote in message

Not sure of the reason, but perhaps the clutch is not built
to work under the high torque of low speed.

That is when it is needed the most. I'd return it for a replacement or
other brand.

On the contrary, I use the torque clutch when working with wood,
plaster, plastic, etc which hardly require the full torque of slow
spped. I have found little need for the clutch on the slow speed when
I am trying to bust a nut free, or drive a very long screw. The speed
ranges overlap a bit for this purpose, and as such the clutch works
well when I need it.