PaPaPeng

On Wed, 6 Jul 2005 21:38:49 -0700, "Roger Taylor"
wrote:

You may have a wiring/voltage problem in your house or neighborhood,
especially if the former incandescent bulbs tended to be short lived, but
it could equally be a bad batches of fluorescents - in other words, just bad
luck/selection. I've found really bright and long lifed ones at Home Depot,
the best ones as I recall were Philips, but some of the cheapest (around 2
bucks a bulb - forget the brand) have also been some of the best. Local
hardware stores sell the same bulbs for 7-8 bucks (dont get it).

They are all likely manufactured from the same few factories in China
and boxed differently. Quality control is chancy. Their longevity
has nothing to do with price or brand as posts in other newsgroups
conifrm. I prefer incandescent bulbs anyway as the flourescents have
a spectrum that makes my eyes tire easily.