toller wrote:
I just got a DC980. On medium and high speed the torque control works just
fine. On low, where you need it because that is screwdriver country, it
doesn't work.
I noticed that complaint on Amazon, but figured the person didn't know how
to use it.
Maybe we both don't know how to use it, or maybe it doesn't work.
Anyone with experience here?

On my DeWalt, the torque setting only work on the medium speed and not
on the high or low. It may not be defective, it may be the way it was
designed. Not sure of the reason, but perhaps the clutch is not built
to work under the high torque of low speed.